You MIGHT Not be in a Real Christian Church If…..
2) your Pastor does not comfort you with the gospel of what Jesus Christ did for you, after he has hit you with God’s laws.
3) your Pastor puts his own “vision” for your church above what God’s commands are for a New Testament church.
4) there can be no distractions in church in order to hear the words of the teacher/preacher, rather than whole families in church to hear the reading & teaching of whole passages of Scripture… in their original context!
5) the Pastor teaches you his own “vision” and rules, as if they were God’s law (ask to see it in context, in Scripture).
6) you are pushed into signing “commitment cards” for things not found in Scripture (usually after emotional manipulation in a “sermon”).
7) you are pressured into “serving the church”, even if it means detriment to your vocations in life at this present time (father, mother, husband, wife, daughter, son, citizen, employee/employer, student, etc.)!
8) your “pastor’s” emphasis is pretty much on having your best life now (what will your afterlife be like..? ***shudder***).
9) your “Pastor” takes the Lord’s name in vain (ie. “OMG”) without even skipping a beat…!
10) you rarely seek, in times of distress, comfort from others in your church, out of fear of having a “negative confession” (this is what was previously known as superstition)!
Just some thoughts as I watch what is happening in much of the “visible” church in this world… I feel a possible “series” of posts coming on, after my LONG hiatus!
Posted on June 12, 2014, in Faith, False Gospels, Spiritual Preparedness, Uncategorized, Word of Faith and tagged Bible, Child, Christian, Christianity, church, faith, God, Holy Spirit, Jesus, new age, prayer, Religion and Spirituality, Word Faith, Word of Faith. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.